Skip to main content

Doja Cat opens up about past cocaine and alcohol struggles: “I needed to get this off my chest”

Doja Cat has opened up about past struggles with cocaine and alcohol, telling fans that she is now well past her cocaine use and has been working on the issues that contributed to her drinking.

The singer, whose real name is Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini, discussed her past in a series of candid TikTok videos shared Monday.

“I’m going to make a disclaimer that I don’t want to make. I have struggled with cocaine — could’ve been like eight years ago,” she said in the first video.

“But I’m well past that. Thank God,” she added.

Doja Cat, 30, also connected her past experiences with what she described as the combination of undiagnosed mental illness and social media, saying the two can create serious problems that people may not fully recognize.

Doja Cat says social media and alcohol fed negative thoughts

In a second video, Doja spoke more directly about her relationship with alcohol.

“The best example for my experience is using the internet as a means of validation to the negative thoughts in my head, which were then brought on by drinking alcohol,” she said.

She clarified that, in her experience, alcohol was a bigger problem than most other drugs.

“I’ve never had a real problem with drugs, except for weed, but alcohol is something that I definitely have had a problem with,” she said.

Doja also pushed back against labeling herself an alcoholic while acknowledging that her drinking had become problematic.

“I was never an alcoholic but I definitely had problems,” she said. “So if I can teach anybody anything, I will tell you that it’s not good to pair these two things together.”

Her comments also offered a broader warning about using social media for reassurance when already dealing with negative thoughts. Rather than treating online reactions as an objective measure of self-worth, she suggested that people should consider the mental state they are in when consuming or responding to that content.

Doja Cat addresses accusations of self-hatred

In a third video, Doja addressed criticism from fans who have accused her of hating being a Black woman.

The Grammy winner, who is biracial, said her struggles with self-image began when she was a child.

“I think I hated myself since I was — could have been like 8 years old. And that was when I moved to my predominantly white neighborhood,” she said.

She did not present the comments as a simple explanation for everything she has experienced, but described how growing up in that environment affected the way she viewed herself.

The discussion was part of a broader series of personal revelations that Doja said she felt compelled to share.

“I just felt like this TikTok was necessary and I need to get this s–t off of my chest. Today felt like the right day,” she said.

Doja Cat previously revealed her BPD diagnosis

The singer had previously spoken publicly about her mental health.

In March, Doja revealed that she had been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder (BPD). She said she had spent much of her life hiding how she actually felt and trying to appear as though everything was fine.

“I’ve learned from a very young age to pretend that I like stuff, to pretend that I’m happy, to pretend that I don’t like stuff that I do, to appear like everything is okay,” she said at the time.

“I’ll get it done. And it caught up with me, and I think it always does for people. I’m now struggling with BPD,” she added.

Doja also said she had been in therapy “for years” to address what she described as an “agonizing condition.”

Her latest comments build on that earlier disclosure, giving fans more context about some of the personal struggles she says she has faced.

At the same time, Doja's account is her description of her own experiences. Her comments about cocaine and alcohol use do not establish a diagnosis of substance-use disorder, and her statement about never being an alcoholic is her own characterization of her drinking history.

For Doja, the decision to discuss those experiences publicly appeared to be less about presenting a polished version of her life and more about acknowledging parts of it that she had previously kept private.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how to delete your smartphone contacts uploaded on facebook

Social Networking site Facebook, millions of users remain active on Facebook, and despite this, the company is constantly showing flaws about the privacy of users' data.  In the past, there have been many cases of accidental 'users' reports coming out.  Besides the government agencies, the company has also been facing questions from the users, despite this there is no solution available.  In such a sensible step, it may be to delete the data that Facebook sends from our handsets to our servers. https://www.hindiburner.com/technology/facebook-reels-video-download-kaise-kare/ The most dangerous in such data, save  contacts  in your smartphone  May be.  Many users will not know that Facebook uploads your smartphone contacts to the site.  If you have shared your contacts with Facebook, then they can be removed by following some steps.  Many times, Facebook also favors call and message history. You can remove the con...

Mia Khalifa married postponed due to postpone 2021?

Mia Khalifa got married postponed due to postpone? Due to the spread of epidemic corona virus worldwide, the speed has stopped. Everybody is in the houses and all the minor tasks have been postponed. In the meantime, there is also bad news for the fans of Mia Khalifa, who was a popular star of adult films. [Want to to download FM whatsapp Click Now] Actually, due to Corona virus, Mia Khalifa's marriage has become postponed According to reports, it is being told that the date of marriage of former adult star Mia Khalifa has also been extended  Mia Khalifa's wedding was scheduled to take place on June 10 this year, but due to the corona virus, Mia thought it better to avoid it KNOW ABOUT MIA KHALIFA Mia herself has given information about postponement to the fans through social media. Mia is very upset due to postponement of marriage and her pain is also getting clear. Mia shared this picture while informing her fans and wrote, "I...

list of latest new south indian hindi dubbed movies 2019 list wiki

List of Hindi Dubbed (South Indian) Movies Youtube Short fund kya hai | What is Youtube Short Fund |YouTube Shorts से कमाएं(IN HINDI) Here is the list of Best South Indian Movies in Hindi Available On The Internet. ************************************ A.   Nithya Menen Upcoming Movies List 2019, 2020 & Release Dates B.   Arya Upcoming Movies List 2019, 2020 & Release Dates C.   Luca 2019: Malayalam Movie Full Star Cast & Crew, Story, Release Date, Budget Info: Tovino Thomas, Ahaana Krishna D.   Amala Paul Upcoming Movies List 2018, 2019 & Release Dates List of Latest New South Indian Hindi Dubbed Movies 2019 | Telugu & Tamil Hindi Dubbed Films 2018 and 2019 List The South Indian film has been successful in attracting the fan's to  South Indian Movies  Dubbed in Hindi in the last 8-10 years. That is why now the South Indian Movies Doubled These Hindi is very much seen. Check out the...