Who is 'Nikhat Zareen'? Heard such taunts, got trolled about the trial, then how did you become a champion in 2 years?

funcky

Who is 'Nikhat Zareen'? Heard such taunts, got trolled about the trial, then how did you become a champion in 2 years?


Indian boxer Nikhat Zareen (52kg) created history by winning the gold medal at the World Boxing Championships in Turkey. After this golden success, Nikhat said that I was focusing only on my game for the last 2 years and worked hard to overcome whatever shortcomings were in my game. Today I am happy that I could win gold medal in world championship.


World champion boxer Nikhat Zareen said that facing difficult situations in her career made her mentally strong. Because then he told himself, 'Whatever it is, I have to fight and give my best.' 52 kg) category won gold medal.

Nikhat had a dispute with Mary Kom regarding the trial.

Zareen had written a letter to the then Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju two years before this golden achievement, urging a 'fair trial' for the Olympic qualifiers. Due to this, Zareen was 'trolled' on social media, while MC Mary Kom asked in the strong words "Who Nikhat Zareen?" Zareen later lost to Mary Kom in the trials, which did not qualify her for the Tokyo Olympics. I was able to do.

Earlier, the 2011 junior world champion Zareen also suffered a shoulder injury, which kept her out of the sport for a year and could not participate in the Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and World Championships in 2018.

Nikhat could not play in 2017 due to injury
Zareen said, “I was troubled by a shoulder injury in 2017, for which I had to undergo an operation and I was not able to compete for a year. I made a comeback in 2018, but was not at my peak. So she missed out on major competitions like Commonwealth Games, Asiad and World Championships. But I did not give up and after coming back in 2019 there was no looking back. I have taken all competitions as an opportunity and I believed in myself. That's why I am here today."

Zareen will now prepare for Commonwealth Games
Zareen will now prepare for the Commonwealth Games trials for which she will have to reduce her weight to 50 kg. "There is a 50kg category in the Commonwealth Games, I will prepare for it now," she said.

Nikhat said a big thing on changing the weight category.

The 25-year-old boxer, who hails from Telangana, has started preparing for the Paris Olympics, but it is not yet decided in which weight category she will play. They will have to participate in either 54kg or 50kg. Zareen said about this, “It is difficult to change the weight category whether you have to participate in the low weight category or in the high weight category. It is more difficult to participate in a higher weight category than a lower weight category."


This world champion boxer further said, “I think if I play in the 50 kg category then it will not make much difference. Normally my weight remains 51 kg or 51.5 kg. In such a situation, my body will do well in 50 kg. So I will continue to play in the 50kg category for now."

Be the first to read breaking news in Hindi News18 Hindi | Today's latest news, live news updates, read most reliable Hindi news website News18 Hindi |



Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)